Language, Literacy and Numeracy Program (LLNP)
The Language, Literacy and Numeracy Program (LLNP) provides language, literacy and numeracy training for eligible clients. The program seeks to improve clients' language, literacy and/or numeracy with the expectation that such improvements will enable them to participate more effectively in training or in the labour force and lead to greater gains for society in the longer term.
As part of the Program, MTC Training Solutions provides up to 800 hours of basic adult language, literacy and numeracy training, assisting our clients to experience measurable improvements in their level of English language, literacy and numeracy competencies.
The training is undertaken between 15 and 20 hours per week over a period of 16 to 48 weeks and is tailored to the individual clients needs through targeted teaching from experienced English as a Second Language (ESL) and numeracy teachers.
- All clients must be of working age (15-64 years of age) and;
- Registered as a jobseeker with Centrelink or a Job Services Australia Provider.
- Have no potential barriers (such as homelessness, substance abuse, prolonged attendance difficulties or unwillingness to learn) which could inhibit the client’s capacity to improve language, literacy and numeracy.
How to enrol?
If you’re interested in studying free English in the LLNP (Language, Literacy and Numeracy Program) with MTC, please complete the Referral Request Form and take it to your nearest Centrelink or Employment Services Provider.
For all further enquires, please contact our dedicated Customer Service Line on (02) 9793-1088, between 8.30am-5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
Why study English with MTC?
- Start at anytime. MTC has daily intakes, so there’s no need to wait.
- Improve your reading (i.e. newspapers, stories and letters from school).
- Speak using everyday English.
- Learn to fill in forms, write letters, resumes and emails.
- Basic IT skills, word processing and internet browsing.
- Participate in work experience
- Increase your chances of finding long term, sustainable employment.
- Individual study plans to meet your personal needs and achieve your goals with MTC.
- Free tea and coffee facilities at all sites
Accredited course (Certificate in Spoken and Written English)
At the end of the course, you may meet the requirements for one of the following Nationally Recognised Qualifications:
|91421NSW||Certificate 1 in Spoken and Written English|
|91422NSW||Certificate 2 in Spoken and Written English|
|91423NSW||Certificate 3 in Spoken and Written English|
|91420NSW||Certificate IV in Spoken and Written English – Employment|
You may also attain other, non-accredited certificates throughout the course such as ‘Best Attendance’, ‘Most Improved’ and ‘Outstanding Achievement’.
Part-time and Full-time courses available:
- Part-time (AM) – 9am-12pm
- Part-time (PM) – 1pm-4pm
- Full-time (AM) – 9am – 1pm
- Full-time (PM) – 12pm – 4pm
How to refer
Referring agencies should check the elibility before referring clients to LLNP with MTC.
Once you’ve ascertained that your client is eligible, please call our dedicated Customer Service Team on (02) 97931088 to book your client in for a Pre-Training Assessment. The purpose of this is to ascertain your client’s language, literacy and numeracy level in order to enrol them into a class that is suitable for their level.
After the Pre-Training Assessment appointment has been made, please create an electronic referral for the client on your relevant IT system (ESS or ISES).
Referral process steps on ESS:
- Go into the Jobseekers record
- Select the ‘ACTIVITIES’ Menu
- Select ‘ACTIVITY DETAILS’
- In the ‘QUICK FIND SEARCH’ (top of your screen) enter the Activity ID Number
- Click ‘GO’
- Click on ‘ADD ACTIVITY PLACEMENT’ – (caution! – not ‘ADD ACTIVITY’)
- JSID & Activity ID should be showing – (if not put them in)
- Click DISPLAY
- Put in EXPECTED START DATE: The date you are doing the referral
- Put in EXPECTED END DATE: One year from the referral date
- Placement Status: EXPECTED TO STAR
- Placement Type (select one of the following) Inten. Act. / Other / WE Phase
- Click SUBMIT (bottom of screen) and ‘OK’ to save
After you have created the electronic referral, please complete the Referral Appointment Card and give it to your client to bring to the Pre-Training Assessment.
WHY REFER TO MTC?
- We commence students on a daily basis
- Flexibility for clients with parenting commitments offered
- We update you on all enrolled clients via a fortnightly report
- Eligible clients will participate in work experience
- We focus on enhancing students’ employability skills
- Our facilities are modern and conveniently located
To see address and contact details for our many Sydney Metro area training locations:
Please call (02) 9793 1088 to speak to a member of our Customer Service Team
- In your enquiry about an LLNP course, please provide your:
- First name
- Last name
- Your preferred Training Location
- Language spoken at home
- Mobile number